Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So, I'm guessing after tomorrow Lion will be pulled from the App Store since a 10.6 Snow Leopard User can go straight to ML. I have an unused promo code for Lion. If I redeem this tomorrow will I get Mountain Lion? Thoughts? Thanks

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
If the code is for a copy of Lion, then you will get Lion. I don´t think Apple will pull it from the App Store because there are a lot of Macs that can run Lion but cannot run ML.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
You could try and call apple about it. I mean they'll know if the code has been redeemed or not, and maybe you could ask them to invalidate it and give you a new one for montain lion?

Cost nothing to ask :D

Seth Mac Fan

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I Agree the code is for Lion not mountain lion it will not work and you should not try to use it , pay the $19.99 .

Last edited:

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
You'll get Lion. Apple won't take it down because there are machines that cannot run Mountain Lion, but can run Lion.

You could see if you could get special treatment and request a redemption code for Mountain Lion, but I doubt they'll give it to you.

Doesn't hurt to ask though...

Seth Mac Fan

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
You'll get Lion. Apple won't take it down because there are machines that cannot run Mountain Lion, but can run Lion.

You could see if you could get special treatment and request a redemption code for Mountain Lion, but I doubt they'll give it to you.

Doesn't hurt to ask though...

Not true apple can remove lion anytime they want , they will probably keep it on there for a while yet but eventually they will probably take it off . They do not care if you can not run mountain lion trust me .

Also just pay the $19.99 it is almost free to upgrade now .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.