Use Iphone as mouse for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by deplmn, May 12, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there a way to use the iPHone as a mouse for the iPad?

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

Considering the iPad has no cursor, this seems unlikely.

3. macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

all of these iPad mouse threads amaze me

how, how do you think this will work? how would you use it?

4. macrumors 68000

3goldens

Im sure where theres a will theres a way, weve seen this in almost circumstance, from no tethering to no mouse, we now know thats just not true.

5. macrumors regular

You can use your iphone as a mouse pad.

-Install iteleport on your iPhone.
    -Install veency on your iPad.
    -When configuring iteleport to connect iPad, make sure you leave touchscreen mode off.
    -Connect
    -Viola. You can now see your cursor onscreen on your iPad controlled by your iPhone.

It's not really efficient though. Kinda useless.

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors newbie

mouse for iPad

I think they expect it to control a mouse pointer on the iPad like a computer, when they click the mouse button, it would behave as though they had touched the portion of the screen the pointer is on.
    I think this option would tremendously increase the usefulness of the iPad / iPhone for business applications. It's dramatically quicker & easier for selecting text & moving around in word processing and spreadsheets. And also more precise for image editing & drawing. Using a stylus is ok too, although I find the smaller tips on the stylii (sp?) for the old resistive touchscreens (such as the Cassiopeia E-100) to be more precise & didn't block the screen.
    It would be nice to have the *option* of a mouse - best would be support to allow you to use your iPhone, or perhaps repurpose your old iOS device or smartphone, as a trackpad and/or ext. keyboard for your current iOS device. The benefit of it being a touchscreen could be exploited by allowing the user to control the virtual keys and/or trackpad size, shape, layout, colors and the codes they send - kind of like TouchOSC but instead of MIDI it sends keyboard/mouse input via bluetooth, wifi, or some other wireless method.

8. macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

I still say its pointless to use a mouse on a device designed with a touch screen and on OS specifically designed for touch input

however, using an ipad as a keyboard and trackpad for a mac mini in your living room is great :)

9. macrumors regular

I think it's just a matter of time before the iPad, or a similar Apple device, becomes more like a full fledged computer than a glorified iPod/iPhone. But for now there is no cursor.

With Apple I'm not even going to guess if this will take a year or five years, but I'm sure we'll eventually see it.

10. macrumors regular

I wish I had a mouse when using VNC apps.

Magic Mouse on iPad with jailbreak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MU9lGH3qQc

11. macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy