Used iChat AV for the first time today...

Discussion in 'Community' started by tpjunkie, Jul 17, 2003.

1. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

So today I used iChat AV for the first time. My brother bought an iSight for the computer at home and nagged me until I agreed to dl iChat AV and talk to him through my TiBook's built-in mic (I spent 5 minutes trying to get the internal mic set up to work with it, wondering why it wasn't before we realized that it was working automatically... :rolleyes: ) My brother called my parents over when he got it working and they were so impressed they offered to get me an iSight! (it's not quite a cell phone, but hey, i'm a broke college student, hell yeah I'll take it!)...so, the question is, does anyone know about other applications for the iSight other than iChat?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Since it was super secret, there probably aren't other applications.

I would think that iMovie could use it though.

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

yah i was wondering if the isight would work with phototaking software or even other messaging services like YIM or MSN...

4. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

They would be fools not to make an iChat for Windows. And iSight for Windows. Look at the success of the iPod for Windows. I will be you that iPod sales for PC's will double after the iTMS comes out for the PC later this year.

5. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

iu hope so. unfortunately im drrunk right nbow...wheres that thresad again? ugh tomororw maybe ilrll respoind tio this better

6. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

There are already many threads about the iSight. It doesn't work with iMovie.

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

the reason for this is technical.

iMovie is a Digital Video (DV) editor. DV is a specific format. iSight does not produce DV output.

arn

8. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

can isight be used on a pc? what about as a webcam on yahoo instant messenger or msn mess.?

it seems like it should work on the mac for those messenging services, but i would like to know before i ever bought one ;)

-tazo

9. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Well, I'm not overly concerned as it looks like I may be scoring one for free, but it would be nice to have more than one use for a 150 dollar camera.