Used iMacs on Amazon

Discussion in 'iMac' started by scooter2525, Nov 7, 2012.

1. macrumors member

2. macrumors newbie

The $800 ones are scams. You cannot check out with those items as it gives an error. Most of the time if an Amazon username is an email address it is a scam. The scam seller is hoping you contact them directly, so that they can bypass Amazon.

3. macrumors 6502

even if it is a scam, AMAZON will always back their customers if something is fishy about an order.

4. macrumors newbie

If you complete the order outside amazon, I am not sure if they will back you. Notice how all the ridiculously low priced iMacs all have email addresses as usernames.

5. macrumors 6502

oh yes, definitely order through Amazon's marketplace, not an outside transaction

6. macrumors regular

I got my iMac (21.5" 2.7ghz 2012 model) a few months ago through the Amazon marketplace - and the whole thing went really smoothly - and the iMac still has over two years of AppleCare which the seller transferred to me.

7. macrumors regular

Try BHphotovideo.com. They have much better deals on new iMacs (2011) and no shipping charges.

8. thread starter macrumors member

I have a ton of points built up on amazon.

9. thread starter macrumors member

So I email the name to ask questions. They really wanted me to buy directly from them and not through amazon. Based on it being shady, I wouldn't want to buy through them. But not wanting to pass up on potentially a good deal, I tried through amazon, which gave me an error. So I called amazon to ask why it wouldn't ship to my US home address. They investigated. And now I can't find that deal online any more... Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes: Anyways, so this is the correspondence with the "seller".

and when asking questions through amazon, here is the response I got.