Used iPhone 4S vs new Samsung Galaxy III Mini

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Dr. McKay, Sep 17, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2010
    Belgium, Europe
    I have the opportunity to buy a used iPhone 4S 16Gb, I already have one, it'd be for my wife. She now has an old Nokia E5 which is on its last legs (well, it's acting funny).

I thought that the used iPhone 4S (bought in November 2011 but still in absolute mint condition) would suit here just fine. After all, I have a 4S and it's a smashing phone. The price for the used 4S : 290 euro.

But then I got thinking. What about Android ? So I started looking at Samsung's offerings and found the Galaxy S3 Mini. Latest version of Android and I believe it will be eligible for some more updates in the future as it's not an old phone.
    Price for a new one : 239 euro.

She's not a heavy user : just the normal things like calling, texting, checking mail (she uses Gmail) and Facebook. A casual game from time to time (she really likes Candy Crush :D ).

I wouldn't mind forking out for the iPhone, but that's me. Anyone have any thoughts about this ? Anyone who has a S3 Mini ?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 15, 2012
    If the 4S is in good condition then I would have that as it is much the better phone.
  3. TacticalDesire, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

macrumors 68020

Mar 19, 2012
    Now if it were the S4 mini vs 4S I would say to go with the S4 but with the S3 mini vs the 4S I would say go with the 4S. Overall a better phone albeit not by a ton. But definitely worth the slightly higher price. Not to say the S3 mini is a bad phone. It's a great little phone and has a 4 inch screen and will do most basic things well.
  4. macrumors 603

Aug 3, 2006