used ipod shuffle warranty

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MUCKYFINGERS, Jun 20, 2006.

1. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

i'm buying a used ipod shuffle. i'm wondering, if it needed repair, how would the apple store know if it's within its applecare time? in other words, if i brought it in, how would they know if its still eligible for its initial warranty?

2. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

yes what?:eek:

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm not sure... they usually go by a serial number. Does the shuffle have a serial number? They'll usually type in the SN and it'll say how many days it has left of AppleCare coverage. That or you might get lucky (depending on whom you speak w/) and they might just swap it out for you.

4. pmackin macrumors member

pmackin

Apple uses the serial number on the back of the ipod .. if it's less than a year old it's covered an you can also buy an extra year worth of apple care(not really worth it for a shuffle).
    If you need any info on the warranty jus pm me the serial number an i'll gsx it.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

MUCKYFINGERS, you can also check how long your shuffle is covered by entering your serial number yourself (if you'd rather keep your serial private): http://www.apple.com/support/. Over on the right hand side and slightly down a bit, is the attached screen shot of the area, enter in your serial there. :)

Attached Files:

6. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

I wonder what the failure rate of these things is, anyways. I ordered mine the day they were announced, and it's still going strong.

I can't recall many (if any) threads about problems with the shuffle, so, provided the battery life is still good, I probably wouldn't be too worried about Applecare for the shuffle.