used mac prices?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ump3, May 9, 2005.

1. ump3 macrumors member

Jul 4, 2003
    Does anyone know what the going rate would be for a G4 867Mhz with 1.5gb RAM, 120Gb internal and an internal DVD+/- drive (Pioneer DVR-107). If not does anyone know of a website where people advertise their Macs so I can find out myself? (GBP if poss)

2. H&Kie macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2004
    I know 1 secondhand mac site that started in the Netherlands. They got British, American (and more) subsites too, but those aren't to extensive I'm affraid. The Dutch site has a nice collection though. Prices are in Euro's. I hope it's a help to you...

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    Take a look at eBay. You'll usually get a good deal there. Otherwise, make use of the Google search feature at the top of your browser window.
  4. ump3 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 4, 2003
    I'm looking to sell not buy, but I will still have a look on eBay for prices

Soon as I sell it I'm getting a G5
  5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    On eBay, when you do a search, there is a box on the left for completed auctions. Look at all the prices in green -- those were closed sales (that is, the price at which the item was successfully sold). It should give you a good guidance for what to sell at. I would figure that a private sale on a forum would go for about ~10% less than on eBay.