Useful Switcher Resource

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by pulsewidth947, Feb 20, 2005.

1. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong forum, or if it has already been posted.

I've found a great resource for people like myself who are researching OSX in order to prepare for the switch :)

http://www.xvsxp.com/

I was trying to find if there was an alternative to XPs wonderful thumbnail folder view, and i stumbled across this site. So if theres something you like about XP and you want to know how to do it in OSX check this site out.

Also the book "Mac OS X - The Missing Manual" has a nice appendix listing where features are in OSX - e.g. add/remove programs, control panel, my computer etc..

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Great resource. I think you'll find working on the Mac to be much easier and more intuitive. It's like a duck to water. OSX has a drag and drop interface, so if you are wondering how to do something, you can always begin by trying to drag objects on another to see what happens.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I was thinking of this site just today. Dropped by, and grabbed the PDF. It's one of the best, most objective and most comprehensive reviews of the two systems I've ever seen. What I like about it most is that it's not definitive as such. It gives the user the option/ability to weight different aspects as to how they use the OS.