User CP cleanup

Discussion in 'Community' started by wrldwzrd89, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm curious about how often you clean up all the stuff that accumulates in your User CP, like thread/forum subscriptions and private messages.

I clean thread subscriptions that are over 1 month old, clean forum subscriptions only for dead forums, and clean private messages when I've got 10 or more.

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

I never subscribe to threads, and I don't have enough messages for it to be a problem. I generally hate deleting *anything*, and will leave it there until I reach some kind of upper limit ;)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I receive daily messages in my E.Mail regarding all the threads that I'm participating in currently. It's an item that I like.

I also hate to discard things. My Private messages reach the upper limit of 70 easily. With reluctance I delete some of the older messages. Just try to find the unimportant ones. So I'm not doing too bad at the moment with 63 Private messages.

4. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I didn't even know you could subscribe to threads... :eek:

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't bother subscribing to threads. Dunno why, it sounds like a good service. I suppose I just really don't need it considering I just use the new posts feature and see what tickles my fancy at the time.

As for PMs, I don't get nearly enough to worry about. Is this a good thing or a bad thing... :eek:

6. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

wdlove, I recommend exporting your private messages to a text file on your computer periodically so you can read them again any time you like. That way, you don't have to save them on MacRumors, where you're limited to 70.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We talked a bit about this in a previous thread, How many thread subscriptions do you have? where I learned that most members apparently do not use thread subscriptions.

I really need to get in there and slash and burn in my subscription list. It's reached over 3000 threads now!

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The only problem I have with subscriptions is that my inbox gets flooded and I never clean it out. I can get 20 emails that i never read from threads i subscribe too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.