User Project Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Durandal7, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Just a thought that I had, so many users have projects that were created on here maybe there should be a forum for them. We have lots of user websites not to mention an RPG game that was born on these forums. Not only that it would make for pretty interesting discussion.

BTW, I'm tired and meant to say "User Project Forum" as the title, maybe a mod could fix it for me....

2. job macrumors 68040

job

3. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

That's a little too specific. We have so many projects on the forums (Clans, Crystal Spheres, thefotohaus.com, ambitiouslemon.com) that it should be kept general if one is formed.

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Sounds good, but then again it's not up to me so.......

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It should be called the WIP Forum - for Works in Progress

I'd love to see one, I've got some stuff to get comments on. PM Arn, he's the man you need to talk to - and mention that it can just be merged in with the Community Forum if it doesn't work out - like the Demi-God, Convertion, and Avatar Forums.

D

6. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Good idea Duke, someone wanted a creativity forum a while back so this forum could cover the same topic.

7. job macrumors 68040

job

Yeah, that was my idea a while back, but the guys from AmbitiousLemon.com convinced me that their site would fulfill the same stuff I wanted to see in the forums.

8. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ambitiouslemon will do a good job on the creativity end. There is still all the projects though. arn seemed to like the idea and is ironing out the details for the new forum.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm sure ambitiouslemon.com will be nice, but its not going live for another 4 weeks or so. And its another site to keep track off - I've been going minimalistic and really only been going to macrumors - I sometimes go to cgtalk for advise on 3D.

I consider this my home on the web, so I'd prefer a WIP Forum here, it would definitely be a cool asset to the site.

D