user review section?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by puckhead193, Mar 7, 2006.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Almost everyday we get a thread on recommending a product like a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard, external hard drives, the list can go on and on. So i was thinking if there was a way that we can list a product by category and we can give a review so when someone asks for a new bluetooth mouse their will be a place for all them listed that we recommend and a user can click it and read reviews by us so we don't get "bluetooth mouse suggestions" every day
    Just a thought

Josh

2. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Kinda like DailyTunes?

3. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

:confused: , as in no would would use it?

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I like the and it's sorta been tried before... we did have a product recommendation section... but it didn't really work out, partly because it was not well moderated and people didn't seem to know what to use it for.

But, I'm open to possibilites... we also now have the wiki software that could somehow be used too

arn

5. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i was thinking like putting in the guides area. You know how their are sub topics, you can just add another sub topic - reviews and underneath that will be like mouse keyboard, hard drives, printers, cameras, video cameras... and when you click on what topic a new page will come up with a list of all the products and then you click on the item you want to read a reviews. It will be like any other online store.
    Maybe also you can put a link to a sponsor who sells the item. (although i'm not to happy about the idea, but gotta make money for the new 6G iPod)

6. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I think that's a great idea. I was thinking about requesting this myself. I know I would love to hear all of the MacRumors users opinions about products.

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

ya, I've thoguht about it too. Using the Wiki for a review section is a bit strange... it's just not designed for it. There is no "one" review. Unlike a factual article, you don't want other people editing your review. Also, you don't want 10 articles about the iPod Hi-Fi.

So, to do it with the guides, you would have to put one article called "iPod Hi-Fi Reviews" and have people add to it.

Alternatively, we could do it with the forums. And simply hilight a product daily and have it be the "official" thread for the topic... which i've thought about before.

arn