Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
Heb1228 said:
I'm in school now, and I've always kept a "School" folder in my "Documents" folder. In that I kept subfolders of each class so I would have the syllabus and papers and assignments, etc... Well this semester I made a Smart folder to show all documents in my "School" folder created since Aug. 1st. Then I put an alias to the smart folder in my dock. So now I'm one click away from having a folder open with all my class notes files, syllabi, class handouts, papers, etc. I've used it quite a bit.
That's a pretty good one...I may consider making a "This Semester" Smart Folder...though, I use Spark (could also do this with Quicksilver triggers) to create a shortcut to my "Classes Folder." So, when I hit cmd-return I'm there!

the-fish

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2005
I haven't used any Smart Folders, but I use Smart Playlists and Smart Mailboxes (e.g. unread, recently viewed, with attachments). I use Spotlight when I'm searching (duh :p) and i've found the search thing very useful in the Open and Save boxes in applications.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I use smart folders for two things (I am pretty organized too)

1. Backups. (Files changed in the past XXX days.) Easy to copy to a CD or external drive.

2. Recent files. So I have a shortcut to files I have been recently working on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.