Using a Ericsson T68 with a 12" Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eVolcre, Sep 19, 2003.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Hi all - I tried doing a sear h on this but didn't come up with anything. I just got my T68 to start working with my phone service and have a few questions ...

1. I'm havng problems "pairing" it with bluetooth. The computer asks me to enter a pin code that must THEN be entered into the phone - problem is that the phone never asks me for any sort of code.

2. How do I use isynch to transfer my address book and calendar into the phone?

3. How do I get caller id to show up on the screen of my computer and write SMS messages through my powerbook?

All help is appreciated. Thanks - EV

2. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

go into the T68s BT menu and look for the paired devices menu.

You will see an item called "Add New Device" click it.

Then in the next option click "Phone Accepts".

As long as you T68 is discoverable (look under the BT menu and then click discoverable -> yes (do this before beignning the pairing process)) then we are good so far.

Now tell you mac to search for devices. When it finds your phone begin the parring process.

Your mac will ask you for a code (0000) and then when it has that the phone will ask you for a code (0000). Just a note, the phone will ask you to confirm the name of the device so pay attention to that. If you forget to you will screw the pairing process.

Just one more thing - the phone can only be paired with one copmuter (pc or mac) at a time. This is a limitation SE put in for logical reasons (think trying to sync three computers to the phone).

If you need anything further just ask - i did this several times as i use the sailing clicker to make my phone into a portable remote for keynote presentations.

good luck

EDIT: to get the caller ID thing when you phone is in range just click on the BT icon in adress book. it will connect to the phone and violá - instant CLID on your lovely mac.

3. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Thanks bud!

I followed your advice and was able to pair the phone. I also got it to isynch and moved my address book back and forth. Now two more questions ...

1. Do I have to go through this same pairing process everytime I want to synch

2. HOw do I get the phone's caller id to show up on my [powerbook and also how do i type sms messages from the powerbook and send them through the phone. thanks again - EV

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

CLID: to get the caller ID thing when you phone is in range just click on the BT icon in adress book. it will connect to the phone and violá - instant CLID on your lovely mac.

For typing an SMS when the BT thing is click (and therefore blue) just go to the contact, select a number and the option menu will show "Send SMS".

You do NOT have to do this every time you go to sync your computer. iSync will automatically connect and do the hard work. Just make sure under iSync's preferences (Cmd+,) you set the "Protect Your Data On This Computer" to "Show Data Alert When "Any Data Changes"" - image below:

Attached Files:

5. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Thanks so much man. I'll try the caller id thang and post here if successful.

6. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Oh man, this is so frreaking cool. I want to know how everything works but I think it's a little beyond me.

I've got isych working, it syncs up my address book no problem. I didn't have to go through the entire pairing exercise again - just brought the phone in range, hit synch and it worked.

I also have the CLID thing working. Now that i REALLY have no idea how it works but it does. Incoming calls are diasplayed obn my powerbook, I can send SMS through the address book and even receive SMS on the computer.

Very very cool. Thanks for all your help bud!!

7. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

remember to check out sailing clicker.
    It lets you use your phone as a controller via BT for your computer. Even has a mouse emulator.
    I use it to control my regular Keynote presentations. It is worth every cent of the USD10 they charge - considering you only get free upgrades.

8. applefan macrumors regular

thanks benixau!!

I have a t68 and a 12" pb. I didn't know about the CLID or the SMS capability. Very very cool. Thanks for the tip.

9. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

10. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

I'll check out clicker once I'm dne playing with these new things. The CLID and SMS thing just blows my mind! :)

You the man Beni! Thanks!

11. Jagga macrumors member

benixau, did I see your name in posts on Esato.com??
    If not good to see you giving great advice on BT, glad Apple has embraced it. Only I wish that the BT "handsfree" and "headset" profiles were added, so that one could continue an I chat/audio conversation with say their mom giving cooking instructions over a BT connection with a BT headset. No oil on their Mac!:D

12. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Wait a minute - I thought you COULD use a bluetooth headset with the T68 ....

In fact I have one wiaitng to be opened - a digital bluespoon that I paid $350 clams for. You saying I can't use it with the T68?

Or did you mean something else all together? :confused: