Using a mobile as a bluetooth remote

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ChrisSoutham, Oct 26, 2005.

1. ChrisSoutham macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2005
    Bath, UK
    First posting, hope it's in the right place!
    I've enjoyed the wonders of my Mac mini for a long while now, and now with a video iPod I'm converting a lot of video media.
    Last night I installed FrontRow - which is great fun, but now I need a remote so I can lie in bed and use it! I've had a look on the Apple site and I don't think the new Apple Remote is suitable, you can only control the iPod with it combined with a universal dock (am I right?).

I have a Motorola RAZR v3, and wondered if it was possible use this as a remote via bluetooth? Has anyone tried it?
    It seems like an ideal solution, but if not, can anyone recommend a suitable good remote?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Does the RAZR work with Salign Clicker? If so then does Front Row expose a usefull AppleScript dictionary? If yes to both you are in business :)
  3. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2005
    Yeah use salling clicker its amazing (You need to do quite a bit of scripting though :( )
  4. ChrisSoutham thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2005
    Bath, UK
    Well Salling Clicker doesn't support the V3 but I could use my old P800.
    Looks like SC has a sticky topic on the forums related to FrontRow - someone's already written the scripts :)
  5. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2005
    I know for sure you can use Sony Ericsson phones as a remote control via iSync... not too sure about Motorolla phones..

Has anyone used SailingClicker with Sony Ericsson phones?
    When i try to use it, it says the script isn't recognizable in Terminal... or something along those lines..
  6. croshtique macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    if you don't/can't shell out for Salling Clicker, Salling also offers free remote control profiles for a few apps (although only new-ish SonyEricsson phones come with this feature).