Using an ACD in dual monitor mode in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by St. Germain, Aug 23, 2006.

1. St. Germain macrumors 6502

I've got dual monitors working just fine with my Macbook in Windows however I can't figure out how to make the ACD the primary monitor. The Graphics settings for the Intel card doesn't seem to let me make te ACD the primary. I can do that just fine in OSX and with other laptops on XP. Any suggestions?

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Maybe try installing in XP the Catalyst Control Centre Package from ATI's site and use that.

3. phairphan macrumors 6502

phairphan

I doubt ATI's Control Center will work with Intel integrated graphics. This is a Macbook, not a Macbook Pro.

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Whoops, sorry I misread :D

5. phairphan macrumors 6502

phairphan

If you go into Display Properties and then go to the Settings tab, both monitors should be represented (1 and 2). Your ACD should be 2. If you click on 2, this should enable a check box right below the resolution slider that says "Use this device as the primary monitor." Check that and click ok. This should solve your problem.

6. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

try just using windows settings:
    - right click on desktop -> properties
    - go to settings
    - can't remember this part exactly, but should be a setting here to assign the primary (1) and secondary (2) monitor.

edit: wow what timing...