Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Can I use another iPhone's 3GS saved SHSH Blobs to downgrade my iPhone 3GS to 4.1 from 4.2.1?

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
My current situation: I was happily running a jailbroken 3GS 4.1 with limera1n. My phone died and I didn't have the chance to save the SHSH Blobs. I restored it and now I'm running 4.2.1, is there no hope for a downgrade?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
My current situation: I was happily running a jailbroken 3GS 4.1 with limera1n. My phone died and I didn't have the chance to save the SHSH Blobs. I restored it and now I'm running 4.2.1, is there no hope for a downgrade?
There currently isn't a way to downgrade without the 4.1 blob saved. Sorry.

Are you sure Cydia doesn't have the 4.1 blob?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Sorry to say it but no, no SHSH = No Downgrade. :(

4.2.1 is all you can do, and currently a tethered Jailbreak. Start saving your SHSHs now so you never are on this situation ever again

phpeters87

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
I'm running a Jailbreaked (Jailbroken?) 3G on 4.2.1 (8C148) BB 05.15.04 and other than the inability to tether, it runs fine.

My battery life and overall performance is a little better than when I was running 3.1.3 and JBd with Blackra1n

Unless you have a need to tether you iPhone to a laptop/notebook or other device for 3G, 4.2.1 is fine and can be JBd with Redsn0w.

And soon, tethering will be made available for 4.2.1 jailbreaks.

I'm going to upgrade to an iPhone 5 this summer, but only if they support Flash.

Otherwise, I'll look at other smart phones.

The lack of Flash is unacceptable and Apple and Adobe need to stop acting so childish and just make it happen.

If they don't implement Flash, other smart phones will make the iPhone look like a Dinosaur soon.

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Are SHSH blobs saved automatically to Cydia?

I'm thinking of trying to downgrade but I don't know.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Tinyumbrella can check what cydia has saved so you can decide on what you can downgrade to. It will show at least 4.2.1 as that is being signed now.

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Tinyumbrella doesn't show any sabed Blobs and I'm sure I clicked make my life easier.

EDIT: It shows the following:

iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117)
iPhone3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a)

Last edited:

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Well those are your restore options, take it from there.
Should have a 4.2b3 in there but don't worry about it as you can't restore to that anyway and we aren't quite yet at the point where we can use it.

phpeters87

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
Good luck with that ;)

If not Flash, then HTML5

Although it is uses more processor and memory resources, the newer smart phones have 1GB+ GHz processors and plenty of memory and should be able to handle HTML5 without issues, other than multitasking numerous apps running the HTML5 plug in simultaneously.

I expect :apple: to come out with an iPhone5 with enough processor speed and memory that can easily handle HTML 5

Or at least let's hope so.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
What's the point of ever saving SHSHs if you could just ****ing use someone else's?

+1. People never cease to amaze me.

As far as the "Not everyone's a JB wizzard." comment, nor is everyone a lazy person who must be spoon fed information because they refuse to search or even attempt to learn about anything on their own. Heaven forbid initiative be taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.