Using Apple LED Cinema Display with PowerBook G4 (just iSight)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Ivo10, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Ivo10
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

The connections won't allow me to hook up the new LED display to my PowerBookG4 (mac pro on the way), but I'm wondering whether I can still just use iSight safely without using the actual display. Any ideas on this?

2. GoCubsGo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I seriously doubt it and if you buy an Apple LED display for just the iSight you're ... well not all that bright.
    Why not save $800 and buy an iSight off eBay?

3. grue
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

4. hellrider
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

The iSight + mic are usb powered so yes, it would work. I can unplug my MiniDisplayPort and still use the iSight on my MacBook Pro. (I hope they release DVI adapters soon for your sake - $899 for an iSight? :eek:)

5. GoCubsGo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really? Really!

Next time just report the thread. :rolleyes:

6. grue
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Why bother a mod with something like this? That's like calling the cops because someone parked in your driveway. Just take it up with the person.

7. Ivo10
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

@hellrider - Thanks for answering my question.

@others - Please read what I write more carefully before making assumptions :cool:

So I just thought it'd be cool to see what I can do with the laptop, in addition to the Mac Pro. Buying a whole display just for a webcam? Seriously?? :rolleyes:

@grue - Thanks for the heads up, I've seen display-related questions before in this section of the forum, so I didn't look carefully and missed the Peripherals section. My apologies!

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to bring my attention to this in such a witty way! ;)