Using Apple Remote for other Media Programs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FleurDuMal, Jul 12, 2006.

1. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Although I think Front Row does have the potential, its current lack of versatility and options means that I fancy trying something else. However, I would like to use my Apple Remote for this. Are there any other front-end media programs that'll let me use this?

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I believe the new version of MediaCentral will accept inputs from the Apple Remote.

3. l3lue macrumors member

l3lue

I use an app called Remote Buddy that lets me use the remote for other apps like VLC, EyeTV, etc etc.

4. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Cool program, I downloaded the trial, is the full version more functional? I couldn't really get it to do much.

The press and hold thing is not that great either......... Maybe i'm just doing somthing wrong.

5. l3lue macrumors member

l3lue

Honestly, haven't used it too much. What captured my interest its ability to sync with EyeTV. (Something about using a remote while watch TV that just makes sense)

And personally, I like the press and hold thing. It makes a simple remote with very few buttons into a little more functional.

6. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

did you look at sofa control (caseapps.com) great program although its just been released its developer is working hard to make it into a great program.