Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
How can I get automator to select an encrypted disk image, select a bunch of files in a specified folder, and then move said files to the disk image. Every time i try it in automator, it fails! Is this just not possible with automator? I selected the mount disk image script but then when I use the "move specified finder items" function, it does not moveinto the disk image which is already mounted!

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
How can I get automator to select an encrypted disk image, select a bunch of files in a specified folder, and then move said files to the disk image. Every time i try it in automator, it fails! Is this just not possible with automator? I selected the mount disk image script but then when I use the "move specified finder items" function, it does not moveinto the disk image which is already mounted!

Can you post the script?

Also, have you tried doing everything manually? Are you sure that the image isn't read only(or getting mounted as read only?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.