Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
If I use carbon copy cloner to clone from an intel imac to an intel mac mini, will this work as expected? (I would clone to a firewire drive first)

Thanks,

Chris Muench

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
appleretailguy said:
I don't think CCC works in Tiger.
CCC works fine in Tiger. Use it all the time.

As to the OPs original question, I have not tried it to move between different systems. I have used it between the iMac 17 and iMac 20 with no problems.

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
appleretailguy said:
I don't think CCC works in Tiger.

From the website... "CCC 2.3 currently works on Tiger, however you must be running at least 10.4.2. I am still working on an upgrade that will introduce many long-awaited features. For now, clone away with version 2.3."

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Thanks...

reh said:
From the website... "CCC 2.3 currently works on Tiger, however you must be running at least 10.4.2. I am still working on an upgrade that will introduce many long-awaited features. For now, clone away with version 2.3."

That makes sense. I tried it when I first upgraded and then never again. Thanks.

I did use it in Panther, but I was hesitant to move it between different computers because of the possibility of conflicting files. It's surely not going to HURT anything though.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I did this from a G4 to a G5 PowerMac and it worked fine... but I did an upgrade to the transferred system (from 10.2.8 to 10.3.0) before I even tried booting from it.

I would expect that those two systems are close enough in hardware that the OS from one will run the other, but were I in the same situation I'd go ahead and do an "Archive and Install" on the cloned system before actually trying to boot from it. Just safer that way, and you'll be sure you're not mucking anything up by having the "wrong" components in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.