Using cellphone with USB as a modem on the go.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by yoda13, Jun 27, 2004.

1. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

OK, so I have read some of the posts on here about using bluetooth and a bluetooth cellphone on the road as a modem. I have one of the latest motorola flip phones from Verizon. It does not have bluetooth, but it does have a USB cable that I bought seperately to use with iSync. Now it came with a cd to install so that you can use it as a modem with the USB cable, but it is only for windows. The question I have is this....can I use it with my mac, and does anyone know how to do this? Or is my only option to install VPC and intall the software that came with the usb connection kit and use it that way? I can I even share an internet connection from within VPC with my Mac? Any help with this would be appreciated as I am going to be leaving on vacation in just a little over a week, and I would like to use this capability to check my email while I am gone.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If you gave me the phone's model number, I could do some research on Google about this and reply back to you.

3. yoda13 thread starter macrumors 65816

yoda13

Sorry, my bad. Its a t720 I believe. Sometimes, my mind and my hands don't communicate while I am typing :D

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I love Google - check this link for information about this. Apparently, another Mac user has figured out how to get it to work.

5. yoda13 thread starter macrumors 65816

yoda13

Many thanks. I appreciate the link. I am happy to not have to install VPC. I must remember that Google is a great place to start looking for stuff. :eek:

6. MacsAreGod macrumors newbie

we do

for work my dad gets that stuff and he uses his morotla phone as a modem.