Using Crossover for Ragnarok Online

Discussion in 'Games' started by kitki83, Feb 11, 2007.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I am trying to find some guide or tutorial as to installing a Windows only game in Apple using Crossover. I am able to use Setup and so on but I cannot at all run the game itself. If anyone knows a general approach to this I will appreciate some feedback.

Here is the Log when opening Setup.exe and Raganarok.exe

(This is the IRO server)

2. andriella macrumors member

There are some programs that Crossover simply cannot run. Sometimes it won't recognize the installer, or can't complete an installation. I would check the CodeWeavers site, they might have a forum there you can ask on.

P.S. - I used to play RO back in the day. Cool game.

3. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everything works fine as in installing, adjusting setup file to make the resolution and what not. But I cannot run the game at all and I did check out CodeWeavers and there isnt that much information but seems the game does run in Apple just I dont know what I am doing wrong. I was hoping someone with experience doing PC gaming in Mac can try the game maybe:rolleyes:

Thank you

IRO from your time is totally different the dynamics have totally change problem is small community more you have to deal with immature people, but thats MMOs problem overall. Hehe thanks for the post

4. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Well I don't play iRO but I'm playing on a private server and from what I can tell, the game runs. But you have to run it from the programs menu not double-clicking it from the folder. The thing is that its too laggy to actually play so I don't think you would wanna do that lol.

5. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Programs Menu is

If you can post a screen shot bec I choose a program menu >Ragnarok Online and nothing happenend, Just saw the icon have some small dot move up and down on toolbar.

6. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Uh you can't run the patcher. You have to run the client file itself. Its revexe.exe i think lol.

7. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did not find it, is this exe file created by Crossover or RO file?