using g4 laptop as monitor for PS2

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fester, Apr 27, 2005.

1. fester macrumors newbie

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey there. Is there anything out there that will allow me to hook up my PS2 to my laptop and use the laptop as a monitor?
  2. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    If you had bothered to do a search, you would've found (among other threads) this thread which discusses why this wouldn't be worthwhile doing.
  3. MacTruck macrumors 65816

Jan 27, 2005
    One Endless Loop
    I really hate when people reply with answers like this. Just answer the poor dudes question, who cares if its buried deep down in archives. And by the way your link to a thread that says its not possible is WRONG. You see archives are just that old archives so the infomation in them is outdated as is this one you linked to.

Sooo, the answer is YES.

It is possible to do this with Elgatos new tv tuner "EyeTV Wonder USB 2.0" it has zero lag and will work for what you want it to do which is basically use your powerbook screen as a monitor for PS2 or Xbox. Its $149 and a great deal. Keep in mind that it has no lag because it does not process the compression like the EyeTV 200 does so it is slow to convert shows but is a great device nonetheless.