Using Gmail to forward to your MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by dissdnt, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

dissdnt

So this might have been discussed but since there's a new section I figure I'd start it up.

Is there anyway to have Gmail pull your email and then automatically forward it to your MobileMe. Mobileme filtering it to a specific folder and then you got PUSH on any email account?

2. macrumors regular

Yes. Setup a filter in Gmail that the mail contains the text "in:inbox", have it skip the inbox (wierd I know). The forward is instant and then when it gets to me.com it'll push as expected...

I've set it up with a combination of gmail and google hosted accounts and it's working fine.

3. macrumors 68000

LeeTom

but how about sending email from your mobileme account with an @gmail.com email address? possible?

4. macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

I understand that the OP is looking for a way to make the message arrive in a particular foler of MobileMe, which is not possible

5. macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

I understand that the OP is looking for a way to make the message arrive in a particular foler of MobileMe, which is not possible unless you leave your configure this mobileme account in Mail.app and create such a rule but you'll have to leave you computer turned on

6. macrumors regular

Yes, with Mail.app. Not with iPhone though...

Read Here...

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yah totally. You can just use the smtp.me.com outgoing server on any of your account, in theory :p

8. macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

it is possible on the iPhone or on a mail client by provide different SMTP settings but not from the web interface

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Well wait a minute. Now that me.com is working check this out

[​IMG]

Seems like you can just add pops in there to pull email

AND

[​IMG]

Set up aliases! well only me.com one :(

10. macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Yeh you cant use a personal domain or a gmail address for the expeditor on the webmail

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I'm sure at some point they will let you make filters on me.com then it can just handle the email sorting from different accounts.

12. macrumors member

thepandamancan

Is it really necessary to set up a filter? I did it just using the forwarding settings and then it allows you to archive the emails instead of going to the inbox.