using iDVD 3 without having a DVD burner

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by stoid, Apr 14, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I just got a new 867 15 inch Powerbook with a combo drive. I want to put an extensive project onto DVD. I have access to a mac with DVD burner, but not consistent access to the computer itself. Whenever I try to launch iDVD 3, it tells me nessecary hardware missig (DVD burner), and then quits. Is there anyway I can use my Powerbook to create the project file and then burn the project file to CD then transfer it to the computer with a DVD burner.

2. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Re: using iDVD 3 without having a DVD burner

Well, you could run DVD Studio Pro, which runs on machines without DVD burners...

Other than that, I have no idea.

3. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

yeah, iDVD wont launch without the hardware. You can edit, export and do all that good jazz on the powerbook, but to create and burn the DVD you need a superdrive to actually launch the program.

4. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

is there anyway I can override the iDVD burner requirement? or any way I can trick it into thinking it has a DVD burner?

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

there are some patches i have seen on carracho, dont know if they work with idvd3.

iJon

6. steeleclipse macrumors 6502

a patch would work, however, it must be specific for idvd3. Apple knows of the 2 patch and has fixed number 3.. dont worry... there will be one around soon :D