Using iSight with Final Cut Express? Possible?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wwooden, Oct 1, 2004.

1. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Did a search on this and didn't come up with anything. Is it possible to use an iSight with Final Cut Express? Are there certain settings I need to have it on in order for this to work? I know the iSight is not the greatest camera, but for quick shots and stuff I am going to share on the internet, it's good enough. Thanks. :)

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

You can use your isight in imovie, so i guess it would work. But even though the isight is good, its not as good as an actual camcorder. Might want to hook up your camcorder to do the recording.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I've been using iStopMotion and iVeZeen software from boinx to do cool lego stop motion movies. iVeZeen is a very simple program that lets you use your iSight as a video cam - it works so well and is very cheap. It also carries the Steve Wozniak seal of approval.

Oh yeah - iVeZeen lets you control your iSight's focus, has a motion detection setting and can be voice controlled!

http://www.boinx.com/

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Wait...

You forked over the cash for FCE but not for an actual digi camcorder? Jesus.

5. wwooden thread starter macrumors 68000

wwooden

I do have both FCE and a digital camera

I was just curious if i could use the iSight with FCE as simply as I can with iMovie. I wasn't planning on using to make a major motion picture, but it was something I wanted to find out about. And, if I had spent the money to just buy FCE and not a digital camcorder, then that would have been my problem, not yours.

6. wwooden thread starter macrumors 68000

wwooden

Also

I forgot to mention that i tried iVeZeen, using the free day license right now. It's a nice little problem for recording video with my iSight. I also like that it has a lot of customizability(?) too. Thanks for showing me that.