Using iTunes from Lotsa Places

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carfac, Sep 13, 2006.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2006

I have a big (4000+) song library. It takes a long while to set up, what with adding additional info, cover art, custom playlists, etc.

How do I set it up so there is a MASTER itunes account that I do all the set up, fixing, cover art and such... and then have all my other accounts use that same set up? I want to have one master, shared library with all my music, movies, whatever... ansd one iTunes set up... and then have all my "nodes" us that set up. I do NOT want to have to set up each one individually.

Here is how it must work. First, I would set it up in my main account (Dave) on my iMac. Then, my wife's account on the same oMac should echo Dave.

Then, I have a lap top and a media center computer (both Win XP) that should access the same media files (on a network drive) but as set up in iTunes/Dave.

Or am I dreaming?

2. netdog macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
    Do you want it on a network drive, or do you just want to share your library? iTunes library sharing works pretty well.
  3. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2006

The media will all be on a network accessible drive. I would assume the master iTunes library files would have to be network asseccible or whatever. Beyond that, I just do not want to have to redo everything at every "node"- however that may be possible...