Using iTunes from Lotsa Places

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carfac, Sep 13, 2006.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Hi:

I have a big (4000+) song library. It takes a long while to set up, what with adding additional info, cover art, custom playlists, etc.

How do I set it up so there is a MASTER itunes account that I do all the set up, fixing, cover art and such... and then have all my other accounts use that same set up? I want to have one master, shared library with all my music, movies, whatever... ansd one iTunes set up... and then have all my "nodes" us that set up. I do NOT want to have to set up each one individually.

Here is how it must work. First, I would set it up in my main account (Dave) on my iMac. Then, my wife's account on the same oMac should echo Dave.

Then, I have a lap top and a media center computer (both Win XP) that should access the same media files (on a network drive) but as set up in iTunes/Dave.

Or am I dreaming?

Dave

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Do you want it on a network drive, or do you just want to share your library? iTunes library sharing works pretty well.

3. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

Netdog:

Thanks!

The media will all be on a network accessible drive. I would assume the master iTunes library files would have to be network asseccible or whatever. Beyond that, I just do not want to have to redo everything at every "node"- however that may be possible...

Dave