Using iTunes to Listen to Radio stations treams...help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stevietheb, Nov 1, 2004.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Now that I've moved from TX to New England, I'd still like to be able to listen to some of my favorite TX radio stations.

I pressed command-U in itunes which brings up the little box asking me to enter the URL. I did that. It seemed to connect, but nothing happened. It displayed the proper radio station and everything.

I tried again, now the little "Connecting..." dialog doesn't come up or anything. When I look at the navigation buttons, the Play/Pause button does not change from Play to Pause.

I tried connecting in Windows Media Player, and it worked--but I'd like to keep everything in iTunes if possible

Is there something I'm missing? A pref or something...

I recently started using AirPort Express, if that matters.

The two stations in question are:
    http://stream1.emmisaustin.com/kgsr-fm
    mms://stream3.emmisaustin.com/klbj-am

Thanks...

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Well, at least the first stream seems to be for Windows Media Player. There is a Mac version, but I've never wanted it on my Mac. All the radio stations I listen to over the 'net provide mp3 streams, but there will always be stations that think that everyone is running Windoze.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Some streams don't play well with iTunes. The stream for WRIU hasn't worked in iTunes for a while now, and it's even stopped working in Audion. Luckily, it works with Whamb (which is cool because the same guy wrote iSleep, so they work together :D)

4. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

WHere can I get Whamb? Links from VersionTracker and such don't seem to want to work...