Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katewes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Reading many posts on people's positive and negative experiences with Lion, there's often an inference that Lion works great with SSD solid state drives, but poorly with convention hard drives (HDD).

Hence, my question is: are there any positive experiences from people who use Lion 10.7.4 (latest) with a conventional HDD hard drive?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Reading many posts on people's positive and negative experiences with Lion, there's often an inference that Lion works great with SSD solid state drives, but poorly with convention hard drives (HDD).

Hence, my question is: are there any positive experiences from people who use Lion 10.7.4 (latest) with a conventional HDD hard drive?

I have SSD's in all of my macs...so I wouldn't know..but I can say, it runs beautifully on SSD.

katewes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
it runs beautifully on SSD.

Thanks, but the aim of my question is because we have heard many stories of Lion running great on SSD, so I am specifically after only reports on how 10.7.4 runs on HHD. i.e. there is no need to respond to this post if you only use Lion on SSD since there are ample anecdotes of it running quite well on SSD.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I can say that my experience with Lion has been positive on my stock 27-inch 2011 iMac. No SSD or other modifications, though I did upgrade its RAM to 12GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.