using mac icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Toby Goodbar, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

is there a way to create themes for mac using different icons. in other words i would like to use a set of icons without having to pick each one everytime. maybe even automatically bundle an image to use for tha background

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Try http://www.panic.com/candybar/ as well as Pixadex from same source.

3. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

i dloaded candybar right before i posted this. i didn't realize it supported what i'm trying to do.

i just looked it over again and i'm still not sure how to make it work other than drag n drop each individual icon....
    lil help here? :confused:

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Pixadex (as mentioned by MacboobsPro) allows you to save groups of icons into sets called iContainers – if you create one of these you can apply them to a CandyBar equipped Mac with a single click.

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Oh i see. In that case its probably not possible as the icons are determined by a single document that contains the majority of system icons etc. The only way you could do it is to replace said document with a document preset with the icons you want but technically someone still has to change the icons singularly on that doc at some point. I think thats right, but Ive had a drink :p

EDIT: JaffaCake to the rescue... mmmm.... jaffacakes

6. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

well after exporting from pixadex to an icontainer candybar say its can't recgonize tha contents are there are no icons

is there an easier single app for doing this or am i just stupid. i'm usually pretty computer savy but this is giving me a headache i just want to create some themes kinda like windows themes or plus! ..yes i'm an ex winblows user.