Using MBP in England? International power adapter?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shahrum, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Shahrum macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a U.S. MacBook Pro 2.16 and will be traveling to England over the summer. I didn't know if I should trust a generic Radio Shack type converter so I feel more comfortable buying an Apple OEM international/England power adapter. Just wondering if someone could please point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Shahrum

2. LifeIsCheap macrumors regular

No power transformer needed, just something to convert the US plug to a chunky English one. MBP can handle the voltage and frequency:
    # Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
    # Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz

Enjoy your trip!

3. Shahrum thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. So just get the adapter to plug ontop of the end of my same US power adapter (aka 50lb block)?

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Yes, it will work fine. But PLEASE search next time, I've answered at least 5 of these same exact question.

5. Shahrum thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I certainly understand, I may be a noob here, but I'm far from a forums noob.

In fact, my question has not been answered fully. I wanted to know if Apply supplies an OEM international power adapter/plug connector. I know that you can disconnect the US plug off the end of the transformer so you can use the longer/extension cord, but do they make a UK/England adapter that swaps into the same transformer and is sold by Apple?

6. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

If you mean the not-extended cord, yes. It's called the Universal Adapter Kit (or something like that). Look on store.apple.com -> portable gear and it should be in there. I'm also going to England soon and might pick one of those up. It works with all apple products that need a power charger.

7. Shahrum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted.

It's called the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit and it's $40.

Thanks everyone!