Using my domain name

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by djstarrock, Mar 22, 2007.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Hi, I just got a new domain name but I'm wanting to use it with 9999mb but I don't know how to.

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I have no idea what 9999mb is supposed to be.

To use a domain name, you need a web host. When you sign up with a host, they will give you the names of their DNS servers. You have to set those DNS servers with the registrar where you got your domain, so it knows what server to point to.

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I believe the OP is referring to the free webhost ... "9999mb".

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Obviously, you'll have to check with your host for how to, and the cost of, hosting your domain on their servers.

If you have webspace which does not provide for domains, then you can use a DNS direction service such as www.domain-dns.com

5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

When you made your domain name purchase, one of the emails should have included something about nameservers. Copy these nameserver addresses down. Now go to the setup page with 9999mb.com and look for a place where you can paste the nameserver addresses into. Once that is done it should take about two to three days for the domain to reflect your content at your host.

irmongoose

6. Britanium macrumors member

7. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

LOL, in my post above I had to ask what it was because when I tried to go to their site last night it was down. So I don't think it's very reliable.