Using my G4 Powerbook as a camera monitor,,, Cummon guys... SURELY this is doable..

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Kevin R., Sep 13, 2003.

1. Kevin R. macrumors newbie

I take allot of digital pics with a Nikon Coolpix 880, to use on eBAY,, is there a way or software to be able to plug the camera into my Powerbook, and use the screen like a large monitor,, instead of looking at my tiny little monitor on the back of the camera?....This way you could see the pic "setup" on the LARGE screen,, as opposed to the tiny little monitor on the camera.. It's so small of course that you can't see some of the imperfections in the photo until you take the pic,, and start editing it in PhotoShop or whatever.
    If byou have any suggestions, PLEASE mail me with a solution,,, THANKS!!!, Kevin

2. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

I doubt the camera has the output capability to do that. Just my gut instinct (with zero technical evidence to back it up...isn't the internet great?).

3. pugnus maximus macrumors newbie

tv connection

i have been able to do this using my TV as the monitor. My Canon Powershot came with and adaptor to view pictures on the TV. It basically sends all of the video signal to the TV instead of the camera screen.

this wouldn't do you too much good if you were out and about, but at home it could be workable. Good luck.

4. acj macrumors 6502

TV

The TV Connection is the best. I used it on my canon D60, now my Canon 10D. It's faster than any computer connection because it just mirrors the camera screen, no software is included, and you can do it just about anywhere.

Crazy thing is my works $8000 Canon 1Ds has no TV out.