Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maraczc

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have an new RCA Lyra MP3 player. It only came with PC software and so far I've only been able to add or remove songs when I'm at my father's house every 2-3 weeks. Is there any way that I could connect my MP3 player to my Mac?

blakeetem

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2003
Italy
You should be able to do it. You need to locate the driver for the USB-CF reader and then you need to find a version of Musicmatch Jukebox for Mac. Tucows has an OS X version for download, but Musicmatch is out of the Mac business - I guess they couldn't compete with iTunes! The driver is pretty easy to find, look for USBATCF OSX. Unfortunately, there may be a bug in the driver that will cause a kernel panic when your machine awakens from sleep - do a google search on USBATCF OSX for more information. Good luck!

fluxe1963

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
All these flash MP3 players Windows only!!

i am so tired of all the flash-based players not being USB mass storage standard things. i bought an RCA Lyra 1GB flash player from Future Shop today and they told me it was Mac compatible, but it isn't. i didn't get much from google searches on USBATCF OSX. is there any hope or should i bring the damned thing back?

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
What happens when you plug it into the USB port? On my Sansa I had to set the USB option to MSC to have it show up as a flash drive in finder.

PS. The USB option I'm refering to is in the Sansa settings.

indyglo

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
For anyone else who may stumble upon this while searching for an answer--just plug the MP3 player into the USB port an OPAL icon will appear on the desktop. You can drag and drop tunes straight into it. No set up or fiddling around necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.