Using non-Bluetooth phones with a Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gundam, Dec 14, 2003.

1. gundam macrumors member

I'm in the market for a new phone, and since I'm not keen on any of the current bluetooth models (have sworn off Sony Ericsson and don't want a smartphone), will I have any problems using another brand with a data cable connection? Specifically looking at Samsung, Panasonic.

2. StarmanDeluxe macrumors member

My Sony Ericsson T616 is awesome. What's wrong with this brand? I've had two phones by them and I've loved them both.

3. gundam thread starter macrumors member

I've had the T39 and the T68i. Both phones had sub-par RF, and I hear RF on the T610/T616 is even poorer. Also, both phones went out of order in under a year, unable to connect or receive calls even with full signal strength. The only other SE bluetooth phone out there is the Z600, which is chunky and has a built-in camera with dreadful image quality. So it's a tradeoff between wanting BT and wanting something besides a Sony Ericsson!

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Many phones work with a cable connection with iSync and Internet Connect. I can use my Motorola v60i with my Mac flawlessly. Check out Apple's iSync support page, it lists all the compatible phones.