using pc CD's

Discussion in 'Games' started by jadam, Jul 6, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502a

jadam

ok, well, im going to try installing RTCW using my PC cd version of the game and the latest update for it. Since the Game Data is the same between these two versions, the only thing that i would assume to be different is the exe... can someone post a screen shot of their RTCW installation folder?? I really dont plan on buying this game again for $50...

2. macrumors 6502

no
    there's bound to be at least minor differences
    porting is a big task

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jadam

actually... i know someone who is using the PC files from Quake II under OSX. Plus, its not just the exes, but the latest version of the game has all of the files, and i already have WolfMP.exe

hehe :p, now i just need to find some time to install it under VPC 5.0...

4. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Agreed... How do you propose to get a windblows exe file to function on the Mac??? Windblows applications are writen very different then applications for the Mac. Some applications are easier to port then others, but all need to be ported to the OS that they are intended to run under/on. IF you could obtain a Linux copy of RTCW, you could [possible] port it over the OS X (with the developers kit).

5. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Good luck trying to do that. I bet Westlake would hire you on the spot if the port was stable. :D :D

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jadam

I mean using the EXEs that are already ported, you know, from the updates. Not trying to port it myself. And the QuakeIII source hasnt been released yet and costs $250,000 to license!