Using PDF expert - problem seeing highlights

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by macgrl, Dec 20, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Jul 17, 2008
    Hello all,

I have just got pdf expert as I wanted an app that i could read and hightlight pdfs on my ipad.

I have managed to set it up so that the pdfs are stored in dropbox and I can access them in pdf expert.

My question is this - when i open a pdf in pdf expert that has been highlighted using adobe on my mba I can see the highlights.

But if i add highlights to docs in pdf expert when i then look at that via dropbox on my mba with adobe the highlights i did on the ipad via pdf expert aren't shown. Is it possible that this can be done?

I had imagined having dropbox as a central hub with me being able to open and highlight on mac or ipad and the highlights showing both ways?

edited to say - if I highlight a pdf in pdf expert and then email it to myself through the app then open in adobe on my mba the highlights appear. I would like to be able to see this via DB and have it all sync.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 9, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Well, I don't use Adobe, but when I annotate my PDFs in PDF Expert and then open them with Preview or Skim they show up. Can you try opening your PDFs in those programs and see if the annotations sync?