Using phone browser after using iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ethics101, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ethics101 macrumors regular

Apr 16, 2011
    It's become very hard for me to use my phone for anything other than Email and Web after using my iPad. Browsing used to be a luxury when I was on my phone now it's tedious and I can't do anything more than google something without being frustrated. Anyone else feel the same?
  2. Mr.C macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2011
    London, UK.
    Pretty much so. I find it difficult and frustrating to browse on my iPhone even more so since I got my iPad. Having said that I don't always have my iPad and if I'm in a store and want to check prices or reviews on a product I do all be it reluctantly turn to my iPhone.
  3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2008
    I think this is pretty universal. Every phone seems clunky/small/frustrating in comparison to the iPad, even the iPhone.

When the original iPad came out, the MacWorld podcast had some discussion this.
  4. miamialley macrumors 68030

Jul 28, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Yep. The idea of using my phone for any web task that takes more than 15 seconds is pretty ridiculous to me at this point.
  5. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

May 23, 2011
    Same here.
    I carry my iPad most of the time which made iPhone less and less productive for me.
    I felt like I'm spoiled to feel so but now I know I'm not the only one :D
  6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Oct 16, 2007
    United States of America
    I concur as well...and when iOS messaging gets here I'll use my iPhone even less...:D
  7. SXR macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2007
    Not really. I still love my iPhone, but it does look tiny when i just used my iPad for a few hours. It feels kind of weird haha.
  8. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern Cal
    I dont carry my pad but always do have the ip4 to surf.
  9. Mr.C macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2011
    London, UK.
    Same here but it doesn't mean I like internet browsing on my phone or don't find it frustrating. With Wi-Fi access it's not so bad but with 3G it's hard to do.
  10. wackymacky macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The lack of screen space is a big deal, but it is fine browsing the web on the bus etc.
  11. erayser macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2011
    San Diego
    When I got my iPad 1 on launch day, it felt awkward using a big device in public to browse with. I would always pull out my iPhone... even if I carry my iPad everywhere I go. Since then, I use my iPad 2 everywhere I go. I see more and more people with tablets in public, so it doesn't seem as awkward anymore. I always have my iPhone with me, but my iPad 2 is the first thing I grab when I want to browse.