Using serial number to check time left on warranty ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zer0army, May 26, 2003.

1. zer0army macrumors regular

Is it possible to find out how long I have left on my 1 year warranty (ibook) if I know my serial number ? or do I have to call apple ?

I don’t know the original purchase date.

2. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Why don't you call Apple and ask them if they can figure it out based on serial number. I'm sure they'd know.

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

This isn't the music industry. Warranties are not based on the date of manufacture, but the date of purchase. You have to call Apple, and if you can, add Apple Care.

4. zer0army thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I know the warranty starts from the date purchased and I figured apple would be able to tell me if I called them. But my question was is there another way to find out, such as a section on the apple site where you could enter your serial number and find out the date of purchase. I would assume this info (serial # etc.) would all be sent to apple when a product is purchased. I don’t want to call apple since they seem to have a real problem talking to me because my 90 phone support is up and I don’t have apple care.

Which brings up a whole new question, who the hell do you talk to when your 90 days is up and you don’t have apple care but still have your 1 year warranty. The people at apple refuse to talk to me about my warranty issue unless I pay $70 for a one time apple care plan. I don’t want to do this since me computer is under warranty and the well know problem it is having should be fixed for free.