Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I LOVE the two finger swipe for text selection. But once you've selected the text and get then handles how do you activate the cut/copy/paste menu? The only way I can get it to show up is to grab one of the blue dots and move it around a bit. What am I missing?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Cut/Copy/Paste have little icons above the numbers on the on screen keyboard.

This screenshot shows the paste icon above the number 1, next to undo-redo. Normally Cut/Copy are where the undo-redo icons are shown here.

ipad-pro-keyboard.jpg

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Cut/Copy/Paste have little icons above the numbers on the on screen keyboard.

This screenshot shows the paste icon above the number 1, next to undo-redo. Normally Cut/Copy are where the undo-redo icons are shown here.

ipad-pro-keyboard.jpg
Yep, but I never see cut/copy on the toolbar when I select text. Only the paste icon.

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yep, but I never see cut/copy on the toolbar when I select text. Only the paste icon.

Turn your keyboard into a trackpad. Touch and hold the keyboard with two fingers until it turns light gray. Drag around the keyboard to position the insertion point. Lift, then touch and hold with two fingers to reveal the drag points. Move your fingers to select text. Tap with two fingers to select a word. Double-tap with two fingers to select a sentence. Tap three times with two fingers to select a paragraph.

BSC_EasyTextSelect_P3.png

Use the Shortcut Bar. Copy and paste selected text, or style your text to be bold, italic, or underline—right from the Shortcut Bar at the top of your keyboard.

Note: The Shortcut Bar will differ from app to app. The features described here may not be available with all apps.

BSC_ShortcutBar_P3.png

Undo the last edit. Use the Shortcut Bar, or shake iPad, then tap Undo.

Justify text. Select the text, then tap the left or right arrow (not always available).

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Turn your keyboard into a trackpad. Touch and hold the keyboard with two fingers until it turns light gray. Drag around the keyboard to position the insertion point. Lift, then touch and hold with two fingers to reveal the drag points. Move your fingers to select text. Tap with two fingers to select a word. Double-tap with two fingers to select a sentence. Tap three times with two fingers to select a paragraph.

BSC_EasyTextSelect_P3.png

Use the Shortcut Bar. Copy and paste selected text, or style your text to be bold, italic, or underline—right from the Shortcut Bar at the top of your keyboard.

Note: The Shortcut Bar will differ from app to app. The features described here may not be available with all apps.

BSC_ShortcutBar_P3.png

Undo the last edit. Use the Shortcut Bar, or shake iPad, then tap Undo.

Justify text. Select the text, then tap the left or right arrow (not always available).
This is great but where is cut/copy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.