Using Toast 6 To Copy DVD, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickyj182, Sep 16, 2004.

1. nickyj182 macrumors regular

nickyj182

Hey,

Yes I am trying to copy a DVD, but not illegally! I burnt a DVD using iMovie/iDVD a year ago and now I'm wanting to make copies of it, since I don't have the files on my HD anymore. Anyways, I used DVDBackup and then I use DVD2oneX to compress the files. Then I launch Toast 6 Titanium to finish the job. I'm burning a data disc (DVD-ROM UDF) and two times in a row when its just a few mins into the process this message comes up:
    The drive reported an error:
    Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
    Sense Cose = 0x21, 0x02
    BUFFER UNDERRUN

Now this has happened twice, and that two DVD-R's down the drain. Their not cheap, and I don't want to waste anymore. I'm using a G4 eMac 1ghz, any ideas?

2. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

Try Fast DVD Copy. I'm not sure how it works with Toast.

3. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

You have either bad media, or a bad burner.

Max.

4. bidge macrumors 6502

why did you need to use dvd2onex on a home movie made a year ago?? Dual Layer Burners are only just out.

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    You shouldn't need to use DVDBackup or DVD2OneX as bidge noted above, unless you've had that iMovie project professionally mastered and burnt as a dual layer... or something to that effect.

if you really did use iMovie to burn it last year, and you're using Toast 6 now, then all you would need to do is

1. change to the copy pane (Choose "CD/DVD Copy" on the Sub-Panel)
    2. insert your iMovie DVD.
    3. File -> Save as Disc Image
    4. Now choose the "Disc Image" option on your sub-panel.
    5. Select the Disc Image you use created.

6. Restart.
    7. Now, instead of a straight burn do a Simulation first. Or use a DVD-RW first.

---
    The only other problem I could think of is if that you've missed a file (VOB) somewhere, or you've added individual VOB files instead of the folder in it's entirety.

6. live4ever macrumors 6502a

You don't need to use DVDBackup or DTOX, just insert the DVD, open Toast and choose the Copy tab with CD/DVD selected and hit the red button.

Make sure you have at least 5gigs free on your HDD (more would be better) and Toast will prompt you to insert a blank, you might want to try burning at a slower speed since the Buffer error report.

7. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

Thanks for your help everyone. I am indeed trying to make a copy of a DVD made through iDVD. I did what you guys suggested and just made a DVD copy thought toast 6, slowed down my burn speed and it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the help guys.