using trackpad for strategy games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by steelfist, Aug 20, 2005.

1. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i just ordered an ibook, and i want to use warcraft 3 frozen throne on it. can i play it with only a trackpad? if not, can I reverse it so it "rightclicks" in the game and i can use the trackpad easily? also, other than using the control key to rightclick, is there any other options other than using another mouse? i want perfect mobility while still playing some strategy games fine.

2. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Save yourself the pain and shell out a few bucks for a mouse, unless if you're insanely good at using a trackpad. I'm able to play RTS games just fine on my wintel laptop on a trackpad, but I've been using trackpads for ages. Plus, the wintel has a left and right click - I would imagine that it would be a huge pain to have to move, click, and hold a key at the same time whenever you wanted to move a unit.

3. steelfist thread starter macrumors 6502a

here's a scenerio that i might consider tryingout. i'm bored in the airport, then i pop out my ibook and starts to play warcraft 3.

what kind mouse should i use? there is no other place to put my optical/ball mouse on other than my lap or the seat that i am sitting on, but it isn't comfortable at all.

so, i might think the trackball might be a good alternative when gaming on busses, or places where there is no table in front of you. however, they are very pricey and not good for unreal tournament. what should i do?