Using Video_TS folders in iDVD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by m-dogg, Sep 28, 2005.

1. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Hello - Does anyone know if I could take a Video_TS folder and add it to iDVD so that an iDVD-themed menu could be created?

A friend has a home movie that he converted from VHS to DVD recently and it auto-plays with no standard DVD menu.

He saw a DVD I made in iDVD and was wondering if I could update his movie by adding a menu to it. He's since gone home, so before I have him mail me his movie, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible?

I know I could use Mac the Ripper to get the TS file, but I don't know how I could go from there. I also have Toast if that would help the process in any way. I do not want to buy any additional software though - If I can't help him with what I have, than I can't help him I guess...

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

sry for the stupid reply, but why don't you just try? grab any dvd and try to drag the Video_TS folder into iDVD? If it imports, then you're all set.

3. m-dogg thread starter macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I'm at work (no Mac) and too busy to try it before this weekend. Thought I'd ask in case it was an easy question for someone

4. moonislune macrumors regular

Think so

I'm pretty sure I have dragged some vobs into imovie hard drive and it worked, especially if the vobs dont have macrovision or other copy protection on them. You should be able to create a menu option with these files. I also believe that you can do the same with Toast 7 Titanium, but I don't have a copy of the software. As I do a lot of video editing, I would be thankful to hear of your results.

5. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

If you just want to copy DVDs, your own of course, then you should get Toast 7. It will make life a lot easily. iDVD is a waste of time if you just want to copy something. It's an uneeded step.

6. m-dogg thread starter macrumors 65816

m-dogg

It's not a straight copy - I'd like to add an iDVD menu to it.

I had the opportunity to try this tonight with a different ripped DVD but it didn't work. If anyone knows a way to do this, your help is much appreciated.