USPS QUESTION/HELP

Discussion in 'Community' started by applemacdude, Nov 23, 2004.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

OK so i sold something on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5728942509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

tahts it.

ok so i insured it and put delivery confirmation on it. i sent it out ans a couple of days later it said it was delivered. but the person said it was not delivered and demanded his money back. i was like no. i went to see if i could file an insurance claim and they said i couldnt since it was delivered and i do not know what to do. what can i do?

what should i have done?

thanks

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

What said it was delivered?
    Web site? post card confirmation? Tracking number?
    Was it signed for?

Have you communicated to the buyer the exact nature of the evidence that the item was delivered?

3. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

4. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Sounds to me like you did everything needed and it was delivered properly, so this guy who bought from you is just SOL. He can't hold you responsible if someone stole it from his doorstep. present him with the evidence that you can confirm it was delivered. if there's a record of anyone who signed for it, present that as well. I bought something off of ebay a while ago and someone stole it out of my mailbox. My neighbors found the box down the street. it sucked, but it wasn't the sellers fault.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If you have the evidence of delivery, then I would assume that you are in the clear. The problem will come with negative feedback on eBay I suppose. Does eBay have a way to address such things in the way feedback is handled?

BTW, fraud happens both ways on eBay, through buyers and sellers.

My son bought a phone on eBay that was never delievered. Had to cancel his check when he got no response from the seller.

6. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

yeah i think you can contest negative feedback, or get ebay to revoke it or something.

as for your position in this, i'd say you're in the clear, you held up your end of the bargain, it's not your fault that it was handed to the wrong person or it was stolen....it's not like you're delivering it personally...