USS John C. Stennis to Arrive in Febuary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 22, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

http://www.timesreporter.com/index.php?ID=63381&r=3

I'm thinking that Iranian operatives are far more dangerous than al-Qaeda cells. They could enter the U.S. and do a lot of damage quickly; that's what I'm worried about. :cool:

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm thinking that Iran doesn't actually want to face off with a pissed-off US military, so it's not likely that they will undertake actions inside the US itself. That doesn't mean they can't or won't react elsewhere. Iran has many other options to pursue that can make life difficult for the US and our interests in the region.

al-Qaeda doesn't have anything else to lose by attacking inside the US again, plus they aren't in the position of having street addresses for their seats of power.

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Iran has been quite adroit in its use of third parties, ever since the fall of the Shah. Funding of various terror groups, and direct support of such as Hezbollah with assistance from Syria. I doubt they'd take more overt action, given their successes to date. I imagine that so long as they can continue to manipulate world opinion as they have, they're pretty happy with the way things are.

'Rat

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We all know that our mexican border is as secure as Iraqs meaning anyone can stroll in. Bush should be impeached on that alone, but as far as Iran goes they shouldnt be allowed Nukes no matter what it takes. If George does take out those facilities his poll numbers will jump,the republicans can sell fear and perhaps the republicans take back the congress and prevent a democratic takeover of the whitehouse.

Iran does have a WMD program with Nukes, unlike the tales we were told of Saddam. Sitting around and letting them acquire Nukes isnt a solution no matter what the lefties here spin.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It sure helps when you're handed Iraq on a silver platter.