Usual CNN Quality

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eenu, Sep 19, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I agree, can't we all learn to spell a simple five lettered word? M E R O M, Merom.

2. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The error wouldn't have been so blatant if it didn't have deliberate quotation marks around it. Instead of the tech department, they should have had a ME correspondent who's well traveled in Israel to do the proof reading. Although they should know why and where the names come from.

4. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I thought it was a good review. So the CNN editor messed up on one spelling, big deal. Apple won the comparison, and got all sorts of praise for everything from the software to the GFX card.

Why, exactly, are we complaining about a good review?

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

We all know CNN stands for Children's News Network. ;)

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Actually, the editor misspelled it throughout the article (3x), never correcting the error. Out of 9 categories Apple won three, Dell two, and the rest were draws. Maybe some didn't read it the same way, and think that it could have been better.

7. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Hmm, on first read I only saw the misspelling once, but i saw the other two the second time and edited my post to reflect that.

Anyway, 3-2 is still a win; i never said the imac dominated the review, but it did win, which is saying something from a non-technology website (the CNN writer is far more likely to be of a consumer's mind than, say, Paul Thurrot, and the iMac won out everywhere Apple would want it to; software and useability.)

8. SodaPopMonster macrumors regular

Yeah, well CNN used Moron chips, so whaddya expect.

9. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Dell has a lot of ports

"...bazillion USB ports..." I was shocked that the iMac had 2 USB 1.1 ports and a few USB 2.0 ports. Why not make all the USB ports at 2.0?

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

You're right, it is. But I would have liked to see it at least at 4-2 giving the Optical Drive to Apple. I just like the Slot Loading SuperDrive over the two tray loading. Still, it's good to see Apple get some good ink. The "marom" just didn't set well.

11. aquajet macrumors 68020

Also something to consider is that the Dell doesn't include a "mike". :rolleyes:

12. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

The two 1.1 ports are on the keyboard, so they aren't technically part of the machine. No reason to have 2.0 keyboards (however it would be sweet if the extra ports were also 2.0).

irmongoose

13. kr0z macrumors newbie

kr0z

:rolleyes: That's just so like CNN. They really don't know much about computers do they?