UT vs aTm

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Nov 29, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Any Texans here part of the UT-aTm rivalry?

I've never been on one side until 2 years ago, when my brother went to UT. I'm also planning to go to UT next year. Any thoughts on the topic?

P.S. UT just scored a field goal!!!

Beat the hell outta a&m...

Hook 'em Horns!

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i don't know much about texas college football (i know much more about the pros with the cowboys, their cheerleaders, and the oilers great qb of old, warren moon), but the highlights on tv shows texas football almost as much as the great midwestern football rivalries with michigan, notre dame, nebraska, oklahoma, etc...

in california there is stanford vs cal which is so one sided most of the time in stanford's favor

and then there is the usc vs. ucla rivalry which produces pros like troy aikman, marcus allen, tim couch, and oj simpson

other than those 4 schools in california, there does not seem to be much that gets national attention

marshall faulk came out of little known san diego state and jeff garcia came out of little known san jose state...these guys were gems in otherwise unremarkable football teams

and then there is jerry rice from missippi valley state or some college like that:eek: :p

3. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I went to A&M but have no particular affection for them, mainly because I did not attend at College Statioin. I have more affinity to the 'Horns. Go, hook 'em!

4. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

UT won, 50-20!!!

poor aggies... poor aggies...