UT X fix for 10.2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Draft, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Draft macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but MacOSXHints posted a tip today to fix the choppyness in UT X under 10.2. If you missed it, you can find it here:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030419155345583

Just to let you know, it works. I've been playing for a little while now and there's been absolutely no lag or other problems.

Woooow!

Draft

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Cool! Thanks for the heads up! I have been tweaking my UT under X for the last week or so in anticipation of UT2K3.

I just wish the audio worked right for Jailbreak. :(

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

what exactly do i need to do to implement this? i have ut without tacops but i'm assuming that this should work just the same. do i save these as two seperate files named MacDrv.MacClient and OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice, or do i paste it into an existing file?

4. Draft thread starter macrumors 6502

Put it in your .ini file. If you're just playing UTX, put it in your UnrealTournament.ini file. Find those 2 headings in the INI file and change the flags according to the flags on the Mac OS X Hints page. That should do it!

If your running TO, change the flags in TacOpsMacX.ini or TacOpsX.ini and you should be set.

Draft

5. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

TTR

It also works for the third reich mod for UT
    although alot of the settings were closer in the ttr ini than the unrealtournament ini

6. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Is jailbreak another mod for UT?
    If its good post the link:)
    Thanks

7. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

It is a blast. Planet Jailbreak

When you get killed you get put in jail. You have to depend on your team to release you. They release you by triggering a switch. (Usually by touching it) Some servers allow you to fight in jail without penalty. Some people don't like that, others like it to pass the time.

It is pretty fun. It is kinda like CTF except you can't defend your switch, die, and reappear next to it. You always have to be careful not to die. And often the jail is nowhere near the switch you are defending. Check it out!. :D