Ut2003

Discussion in 'Games' started by ScottDodson, Feb 11, 2003.

1. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Has everyone let the discussion of this game die?? Mark Rain said 6-10 weeks about a month ago...with expectations of a demo before the release. Which puts us in the expected range for the demo. Where is it?? Infogrames has a forum with updates on UT2003, but there hasn't been a post by Rain or any other developers since the first post!!! As expected UT2003 is gonna' be late (like anyone had a doubt), but it seems like the hype and expectation in the mac community for this game is dead already. Anyone have any good news?? Granted not everyone is looking forward to this game (I'd rather play RTCW hee hee), but this is an important port for gaming to stay alive!!!

stepping off my soapbox

out,
    Scott

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I think a lot of people are like myself and just waiting for it to be released. Also remember macsoft was going to distribute it and then got bought out by destineer so they have their hands full right now. I allways thought it was a little strange that macsoft was going to release UT2003 but when you went to the web site not one damn word about this game! UT was such a big hit and you got this coming and your not trying to build up hype. No wonder they got bought out. Probably being ran by some blind bean counters. Plus their site looked so lame and pastel. I thought it sucked. Anyways the original founder of the company is back and he loves mac so hopefully we will see some stuff soon. He had said one of the first things they were doing was to make a new web page. I also think they are the ones that are going to release halo for mac. I love it when these companies have someone at the helm other then another darn bean counter. I wonder what will be the games sytem requirements. GGGGODDDDDLIKE!

3. ScottDodson thread starter macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

hahahha, I also checked out their website....and puked on my keyboard (which will be expensive to replace). Yeah, I knew about the Destineer deal, and I figured that they are busy with that, I was just wondering if there have been any updates that I've missed. But to no avail there hasn't been any press releases. Oh another little tidbit about the macsoft website.......in their *fresh* news they have the upcoming lineup for the 2000-2001 gaming season...can't....errrr...wait? A new website is definitly gonna' be an improvement!!!!

out,
    scott

4. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    UT2K3

I am getting pretty tired of Epic not giving any status reports or anything. I've been waiting a looooong time. I bought it for PC and play it rarely since my PC is only a 900MHz and the game doesn't run all that great. I'm hoping my 1GHz powerbook plays it a heck of a lot better. That is if I don't die before it comes out.

5. ScottDodson thread starter macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hey fish what are the box requirements for the pc world?

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

If I'm not mistaken

Oh yeah get the damn game out already, please.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thanks macman looks like im still in the game probably but not by much.

9. couch potato macrumors regular

my PC runs it great, but i rarely play it. bombing run is the only entertaining thing, the rest is old hat. its ok, i guess

10. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Just to let you know that I have a:

AMD 2000XP
    Radeon 8500
    512MB 266DDR RAM
    Windows 2000

and the game can really jerk around on some of the outdoor levels, and I am only using it at 800x600. So a very fast Mac will be needed to play it at a good speed.

11. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

Depends on the port.

12. 3777 macrumors 6502

Should look great on the Mac......... I unually play it under open GL & Red Hat 8.0 ...........prefer the look over XP & D3d.

P.S. XP can't even run Open GL hardly either.....:rolleyes: