UT2004 crashing but only sometimes?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macarella, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Macarella macrumors newbie

I have a MacMini Core Duo 1.66Ghz...2GB Ram...

Sometimes the games plays absolutely fine for a long time. Sometimes it crashes after just a few mins...any clue as to why?? Yes, I do have the patch.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I guess you have the last build also. I didnt think you could play this one on the new mini after they went gma 950. Benches I have seen show it slower then the ati 9200 G4 Mini from 1 1/2 yrs ago. Apple really needs to put ati back into Mini. Are you getting any kind of error message? My guess is that horrid gma 950.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Why do you blame everything on the 950? Instead of bashing it constantly and saying it can't do anything, howabout use a computer that has it and then tell the truth?

On topic: Is the RAM bad? Other programs running?

4. Macarella thread starter macrumors newbie

well, the ram seems to be good, no other applications crash....um, i should have been clearer in explaining the crash, as there is no error message that i see, when it crashes it always reboots the computer. i'm new to macs, and i love it, is there a log of the error somewhere? the only other things running are finder and dashboard.

and just so people know....UT2004 actually runs very fast on the gma950 graphics....at 1280x1024 (yeah, not all the options are maxed, but it is very playable)! i was surprised myself, the only trouble i have is what's been stated. i just can't figure it out.

5. Xenesis macrumors regular

Xenesis

Is it a proper force restart, or is it just a Kernel Panic? (The gray screen in different languages telling you to restart your mac)

6. Macarella thread starter macrumors newbie

screen goes black and a split second later, mac is rebooting.